Wednesday 13 February 2013

Chinese New Year (+ my button box :)

 Hi,

Happy (belated) Chinese New Year everyone! Even though I am not Chines, nor do I have any Chinese relatives I love to celebrate Chinese New year (as some of you will know from me posting up the chopstick case pattern I made one year :P). This year I had two special Chinese dinners, a takeaway one and a homemade one and I did this cross stitch kit in celebration:

 
The fan was a little mouseleoft kit and I added the writing to commemorate this year :) I think I am going to turn it into a pincushion using some oriental style silky fabric I have as a backing and I might maybe add a charm to the corner too to make it extra pretty :-)
 
On the Sunday of Chinese New Year I also went to see Cirque De Soliel 'Kooza' with my mum at the Royal Albert hall :D my parents had got me the tickets as a gift and it was AMAZING!!!!!! I can highly recommend it to everyone! The acts were mind blowing and the costumes were so detailed and interesting, I couldn't take my eyes away! On the way to the show we stopped off in John Lewis as I had finally chosen the sewing machine my parents promised me I could have for my Birthday and we ordered that which should be coming soon, I am soo excited :0D (so basically I had the best day ever! :P I  hope you all had a lovely weekend too)
 
And now, as promised I finally bring you all the pictures of the giant button box my nan gave me:
 
 
 
 
There are just soooooo many pretty/cool buttons...... I know they will all come in handy on some project at some point in the future.
 
See you all soon,
 
Byeeee! xxx
 
P.S. Happy Valentines day for tomorrow I hope you all have a super day with your loved ones!
 
Bye :o)
 
 

7 comments:

  1. lovely little stitch and wow at all those buttons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cross stitch and what an amazing box of buttons!!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cross stitch, well done xxx
    I love the box, very groovy :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is an awesome button box! I have one too, but they are all loose. My old (horrible) roommate left them when she moved out so I appropriated them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cucki: :) Thanks xxx

    Kerryp77: Heheh, i know I was surprised by how many there was too! :P xxx

    Chaucer's Aunty: Thank you :) I know! I am very lucky xxx

    Springmusician: Hehehe, thanks! :-) xxx

    Alyssa: My smaller button box I have contains all loose buttons, It is ok but it makes it harder to find matching onesm it would be a nightmare if all these were loose though! :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, maybe you should sort your smaller one out, I love sorting through stuff :P

      Delete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)