Tuesday 19 October 2010

All this for £2.....

Hi everyone :)

My mum has recently been teaching me how to sew! Im currently making a dress I designed myself (ohhh how exciting I feel like im on project runway :D) I wanted a mannequin to make my dress on but they are vvvvveeerrrrrryyy expesive! I found a tutorial online which told you how to make your own. It was brilliant! all you needed was an old t shirt, newspaper, a coat hanger and duct tape. I bought 2 rolls of tape for £2 in my local pound shop so that was all it cost me to make the whole thing which I think is really cheap :0)
Heres how mine turned out:


Im really pleased with it. I used wrapping paper rolls to make a tripod so it is free standing :)

For instructions of how to make your own go to: www.threadsmagazine.com/item/3659/clone-yourself-a-fitting-assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)