Sunday 8 August 2010

Shreddies: Knitted by nanas

Hola!

I don't know about you but ever since I saw the advert for the shreddies knitted by nanas i've wanted to be a knitting nana. Until today I had been stifling my dream (hahaha) . Today I finally decided to knit some shreddies and for all who feel like me I am also including the pattern so you can knit your own. knit a bowl, knit a box or just knit one BE A KNITTING NANA!!!!! :)


Shreddies Pattern :

Using brown yarn and 3 1/4 mm knitting needles cast on 7 sts



*Row 1: (M1, K2tog) repeat 3 times, K1 (7 sts)

Row 2: Purl*


Row 3 - 6: Repeat from * to * 2 more times

Cast off


Fasten and cut off any loose ends (you can also stretch your shreddie slightly to open up eyelets more)



Enjoy!!!!


Abbreviations :
  • K= Knit
  • K2tog= Knit 2 stitches together
  • sts = stitches
  • M1 = Make 1 by winding yarn around needle

4 comments:

  1. I am so going to be a knitting nana, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can someone tell me how I can get the tea cosy and mug hug knitting pattern with heats and shreddies on it many thanks Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of making some and putting them in a emptied out bag of cereal ... see what my grandsons think. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)