Last Sunday I tried my hand at some dyeing. It was my first ever time and I was really pleased with how my yarn came out after being a bit aprhensive!
I dyed a cream 40% wool and 60% acryllic yarn. Your only really meant to use 100% natural animal fibres as acryllic etc do not soak up the colour as well. This was one of teh reasons I was a bit worried..... Also I had 3 different packets of kool aid and had to mix two together to get the right amount of dye and wasn't sure whether doing this was going to cause me to get an icky brown colour...... :(
However it did not stop me from giving it a go!
I used this tutorial: http://www.knitpicks.com/kpimages/pdf/DyeingTutorial.pdf
Which was really good and very easy to follow.
I prepared my yarn and got my oven proof dish:
I followed the instructions and *TAH DAH!*:
A beautiful light orange yarn was produced!
Im so happy with my lovely yarn!
I had a plan for the yarn, that's mainly why I was so thrilled when came out perfectly......
... I wanted to make my mum a special kindle case for her birthday. Ive started work on it already even though her birthdays not till March!
But shhhhhhh its a secret ;)
See you all soon
P.s I will be posting the second free pattern near the end of feb as I am still making some adjustments :0)