Sunday 15 April 2012

I love self striping yarn :)

Hi everyone,

I am back home now and when I got back I wanted to start a new project as for once I had been quite good recently and managed to finish some (rather than start about a 100 and finish 2 like I normally do!!! :-) I thought something for summer would be good so I had a rummage in my yarn box to find some yarn for inspiration and found these two balls I picked up aggggeesss ago when I was in Cornwall and I had an idea a mini colourful bolero:

Here is what Ihave knitted up so far, I love all the colours :D I am switching between the light and dark ball every 10 rows so I get a kind of even theme going all the way through. The yarn is soo fun just watching the pretty stripes and patterns appear :o)



It is a bit difficult to explain how I am going to turn this into a bolero but hopefully it will work out, it's just and idea I had when I looked at the wool :) I can tell you it will have some kind of a crochet border (when I finally decide which one! :P)

I will keep you all updated on my progress!


I hope you all had a nice weekend :)

See you all soon,

Bye! xxx


3 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely colours, lookig forward to seeing the finished bolero, you're doing well so far. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what lovely yarn! Fabulous colours and the stripes are brilliant. I look forward to seeing the finished piece! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. KerryP77: Thank you :) I am hoping to finish it for in two weeks time, hoepfully I will meet my target!

    Chaucer's Aunty: Hehehe I know this wool is so bright! Thanks :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)