Monday 9 September 2013

Getting ready for uni!

 
Helloo,
 
For several weeks I have been getting all the bits and bobs I need for Uni like pots, pans, books, course supplies and..... clothes! :D Haha, I have enjoyed doing my clothes shopping, choosing lots of lovely outfits to wear.
 
I wanted to show you a picture of my most special, glam, saving-for-a-special-occasion dress that my mum and dad got me as an early birthday gift:
 
 
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! I was drooling over it in the shop and said to my mum one day I will wear a dress like that! Then the next day she surprised me by bringing me one home :D It is sooo beautiful and it fits me perfectly :-) I am so happy to have it in my wardrobe ready to bring out for that perfect occasion! (and to put on and walk around in it in front of the mirror when I want to, lol :p) 
 
As my college is about 1/2 hour walk from my uni home I planned on using my bike some days and having a nice little cycle there instead. As another early birthday present my dad helped me do up my bike (which I haven't used in years!):
 
 
I got a cute basket :3:

 
And my dad made me a wooden vintage style crate to go on the back to give me even more carry space. I chose to put 'Gutermann & Co' the sewing thread makers so we painted it on the side and on the other side I want to paint 'Finest sewing thread' in an old fashioned style font to complete the look :)

 
Tomorrow me and my dad are taking some of my stuff up to my Uni home so that will be fun.
 
In other news here are my latest innocent smoothie hat creations:
 
 
An American style pretzel hat :D- I am going to make more in different colours.
 
And some little flowery hats that remind me of baby hats:
 
 
 
I used pastel self striping yarn and I think it gave quite an interesting effect.
 
I am off to carry on with more now, and check I have packed all my stuff properly for tomorrow!
 
See you soon,
 
Bye XXX

14 comments:

  1. your dress is beautiful :)

    you seem all set, I have to fix my bike, it broke at uni and I couldn't fix it properly, my dad has promised me he'll sort it before I go uni, I'm not leaving till the 29th when I move into my new place in Colchester, my uni starts back the 30th I wanna start now :P

    xxx your hats are epic, if only they'd fit me :P I love the pretzel one :P

    You remind me how much I'd love to have a basket for my bike, but I would be worried it'd be stolen, I was thinking of getting a cheap metal one and a bag for the back to go on my pannier rack. Can't afford it right now though, and neither can my parents as my sister is on a course at a vetinary college now and my mum is doing a degree for her job (which is paid by NHS)plus my little brothers childcare. if my mum didn't use her bike basket I'd borrow that :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I'm sure it will get fixed at some point. Hehehehe, I am uber eager to start too!

      Thanks, I try to come up with hats that are fun but don't take me aggggeeess to make just one because I want to make as many as I can for the charity and I want them to get bought to help the charity too!

      My one was under £20 which wasn't too bad, I got it from my local bike shop- they can be expensive though, some of them are like £60!

      Vetinary college- that sounds cool :)

      I will probably get another bike rack- I definitely don't want my lovely upcycled bike to get stolen!

      xxx

      Delete
    2. yay :P

      I know you can get some backets cheap, but I don't have any money and my whole loan will be taken up by my rent sadly. didn't find a summer job sadly, need to get a part time job when I get back to colchester (I mega miss uni)

      my dad still needs to fix my bike, he's got 17 days left to do it :P

      Delete
    3. :( Don't worry I am sure you will find a cool job when you get back to uni :) I always say want to work in a restaurant like pizza hut one day as a mini job :P xxx

      Delete
  2. oh and I reccomend getting a D lock bike lock, they are stronger, and lock up the wheels with the stretchy lock when locking it up having two locks makes it a lot less likely it'd be stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting... your bike looks very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Runway dress! What more could a girl ask for? I also absolutely looove your bike! I am the only child I know who does not know how to ride a bike, but I love yours! On top of it all, I think those smoothie hats are very smooth! They look so soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I don't think I could ask for anymore! :P I'm sure you will learn one day :-) Thanks xxx p.s I love your picture- the little dog is sooo cute! :D

      Delete
    2. Why thank you! I recently decided to have that as my profile picture!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh, I wish I got a bike like that when I went off! It's so nice - I hope you get lots of miles out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will as cycling is really nice to do (when you can do it safely on the pavement :P) xxx

      Delete
  6. More sweet hats ^_^ Pretty dress and I SOOO love your bike!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)