Thursday 27 February 2014

Briliant bargains!

 Helloooo,

I hope you are all having a good week, with college tonight I am going to see the live streaming of the National Theatres War Horse. I have never been to a live streaming but it is meant to be an interesting experience so I am excited  :D
 
As I mentioned, last week my family were on holiday in the IOW. They were very kind because thy had bought me home quite a few little gifts for me that they had collected from around the island, Including this bag of felt scraps my mum picked up:

 
I was really impressed because it is a whole bag, stuffed full of really nice, quality, felt and she got the whole thing for £1.50! I think that is such a bargain as nice felt can be really expensive.
 
As soon as I saw the bag I had an idea of what to do with it. Al the little strips reminded me of paper strips and I thought; what can you do with paper strips?- Quilling of course! So I attempted to try a quilling style look by rolling and sewing the felt in different ways, it was fiddly but fun so I am glad I thought of it! Here is a flower brooch I made yesterday:

 
I have ideas for tons of little brooches to make, like trees and butterfly's all in my new felt quilling style, I better get started... :P
 
Another bargain I just had to share with you guys (this time non craft related) is the birthday cake bargains me and a friend from college managed to pick up on our way home in the local mini Waitrose. We got 3 big birthday cakes for less than £3.50!!! Two vanilla and jellybean birthday tray bakes for 99p each and this chocolate hedgehog cake for £1.49. Look!:
 
 
Just in case you didn't believe me, here is the sticker :P:
 
 
Hahaha, I am taking some home for my family to share with them at the weekend, my friend kept some for her flat and then the rest of the tray bakes we are bringing into college to share today, Mmmmm :)
 
I am off now as it is almost time for me to head off to college- cake and corsets  are calling me. Hehehe!
 
See you all soon,
 
Bye XxXxXxXxX
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a fab idea for the felt! That flower is gorgeous. You could also try joining them up and making a funky scarf or something? Sorry! Running away with your idea!! *blushes* Nice bargain cake too! ^_^ XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) hehe, feel free to run free- It is a good idea :) Hehe, it was tasty :P xxx

      Delete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)