Tuesday 27 September 2011

Accessory-a-day

Hey everyone :D

Since I started 6th form where you can wear whatever you want (as long as it is smart :) I took a pledge to wear something handmade, by me, everyday, so far I have managed it :D I have worn the big bow headband I posted about, my DAL gloves, some of my knitted brooches and I have also been making some new stuff that I thought I would show you all today :)

First up I made this knitted sushi charm bracelet using the mini sushi pattern I created a while ago:


Then I did some sewing and made this little heart brooch and headband...


 I love her! <3 I used the beads my friend got me for my birthday for her eyes :)


And to make the headband I used some fabric I cut out of a handbag I had ages ago, I thought the writing gave it a bit of a couture look :0) It went perfectly with my brown and yellow stripy jumper! :)

The last thing I wanted to show you was this dessert ring I made using fimo and a Polly Pocket plate and cup :-) It was inspired by all the cool rings I have seen on From Japan WIth Love. People at school were like 'did you really make that?' Lol :o) I had to be careful I didn't poke anyone with it!


The funniest thing was I actually had to 'bake' the tiny fimo cookies! Hehehe!

See you all soon,

Bye XXX

6 comments:

  1. wowwwwwwwwwww they are all very lovely..you really very talented :)
    aww i love the sweet cookies you bake..so sweet..
    well done dear ..
    big hugs cucki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaw, all those things are soooo cute!!!

    Sadly, we have to wear uniform all throughout high school :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! :)

    Also the cookies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cucki: Thank you!!! You are very kind xxx :)

    Knittinggirl: Thanks :o) awww, unfair!

    Odd socks: Thank you xx :) They were very fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jordan! Sorry I haven't commented before, I was having some trouble with my google account... I love all your handmade goodies! The heart brooch is super cute, the ring is fab (be careful though, you could do someone a damage with that!!), and the bracelet is really funky! I try to wear handmade things as often as I can do, I have lots of handmade brooches- many made by my Mum- and I've got them all ready to wear when I start teaching again next week :) Hope school is going well, Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! :)

    That's ok I had a problem with signing in before :/I was really carful. luckily I didn't hurt anyone! :p I have lots of brooches too I like them as just putting one brooch on can completely change/theme and outfit! :0)

    I hope the teaching goes well xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do share your thoughts or ask any questions. I always reply, Promise! :)